XoxoEmmy: A Beauty and Lifestyle Site

Friday, May 11, 2012

Bought this from MAC:


The back of package:


It says:
MAC Oil Control Lotion
Smooth over clean face and throat. Use day or night.

Checking out the ingredients, I see that it has apple fruit extract, and mimosa bark extract! (mmm, mimosa...)

the product:


the pump handle:

pardon my dust!

So basically the pump has a locked feature. Right now its locked. Whenever I want to use the product, I would turn the product to the left from the bottom, and the dispenser would turn left as well. Then I push on the top and it releases the lotion. This is perfect from traveling and to prevent accidents on the go.

MAC's Description:
The ultimate no-shine base for oil control. Natural exfoliants help improve texture and clarity. Lightweight and instantly matte, bonds makeup to the skin for fewer touch-ups. Oil-free hydration with natural colloidal minerals and antioxidants. Formulated to keep skin pH-balanced. Use day or night.

My thoughts:

First off, I have dry combination skin (oily t-zone, so I primarily used this on my t-zone area).

On my dry/normal skin:  I did try on my entire face initially, and found it drying on my dry/normal skin parts (like my skin felt somewhat tight, like it needed an additional moisturizer).

In fact, unless you have oily skin or produce random oils after applying makeup, this lotion might be a bit too drying even for normal skin.

On my oily skin: This tightness mentioned above was not felt on my t-zone, which is the oiliest part of my face! On my t-zone (I have an extremely oily nose), the lotion moisturize perfectly. The lotion is supposed to be used once a day but I found it best to use it half an hour before putting on makeup, as it will make the makeup (i.e. foundation) last longer.

It made the countering makeup on my nose last longer, which I LOVED.

The lotion is also very lightweight and can be used as a skin primer.

PRO: A Blessing for oily skin! Must buy!

It also has an expiration date of 24 months from first use!

CON: If you have normal skin, forget about it. There are better lotions out there for you, and if you happen to have the random afternoon oils like how I do, just apply some oil-blotting tissue on your face.

Rating: A+ (for oily skin only)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment