XoxoEmmy: A Beauty and Lifestyle Site

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brand: MAC
Product: Eye Kohl Smolder (Intense Black)
From MAC:
A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.

My beat up MAC Eye Kohl box:


Today we are reviewing Smolder:


on my arm:


on me:
How to recreate this look:
start with less and increase pigmentation (press in more) as you finish off. Do this for both top and bottom lash. This will make your eyes pop and make them seem bigger, since eyeliner typically has the effect of making eyes smaller. I finish off with Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara. 


on another night, I evenly applied the eyeliner. I also took a cotton swab and separated my eyelashes for a different look.


on a third night, with very light mascara:

^--- as you can see, there is some smudging a bit on the left, this is because this eyeliner easily smudges. While I LOVE to lay it on thick, less is more with this product.

Pro: HIGHLY PIGMENTED! (their blackest black)
It is also safe for use for contact-lens wearers!

Cons: SMUDGES easily! Less is more!

Rating: B+/A- (because it smudges easily)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment